Friday 23 July 2021

Bat print lounge shorts


 I made some basic elastic waist lounge shorts a few weeks ago and they have been very much worn so I decided to use some fabric I have had for ages to make a better job of these.

This is poly cotton printed fabric sold as halloween fabric. I bought it two or maybe 3 summers ago and its still unused and taking up valuable space so this seemed a great idea. 

Unfortunately, I cut them out late one night, I was tired and the print is one directional and I got it wrong. 

They still work and my other half seems to love them but I did find the print directions slightly annoyimg. Still despite the mistake they are better worn than stashed away as fabric. 

Because there are two fabrics - black on white and white on black I originally cut two pairs but then had the idea to use them like this so I ended up sewing up two harlequin legged shorts which hopefully does help to slightly hide or at least make the print directions less important!

This is also not the first item I have done this with. 

You would think I would have learned!

 

I still love my gypsy top from several years ago despite the print directions on that one!

Well maybe not a complete disaster, because if something gets worn  I would say its actually a success. 

I need to try to remember these items next time I cut things outin a hurry!

Have a good weekend

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment