Sunday 7 June 2020

Cerena updated into seperates



I really enjoyed making my green velvet Cerena Romper but when it came to actually wearing this I just could not get along with it. Every time I put in on, I changed into something else, because I find jumpsuits so very annoying when going to the loo. All that needs to happen is its a bit cold and you add a Tshirt or a jumper and its all hassle so this just does not work for me at all.

So I do like the Romper, but it just had to change. I do not want to waste the fabric and throw this out just yet because its very new and I love the green velvet.


So I spent an hour or so taking this appart. Thats annoying when you only just made it. But this was well worth the effort. It came appart relatively easily and then I overlocked the edge of the top and added some black crochet effect lace to this.


I did not have enough green velvet left to make a waistband for the trousers so used a bit of stretch camo fabric instead.  I did though remove the darts from the trousers because I decided they do not need them.

The trousers work amazingly as track pants. I love them and have lived in them the last couple of evenings. Sadly yet again I never thought to add pockets to the trousers which was a mistake. I am though, intending to make a second pair of these out of probably black velvet because I know there is some in my stash and the trousers are really that good. The next pair though, will have pockets.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment