Saturday 12 February 2022

My Mosaic socks and the January 2022 KAL Finished

 So I am slightly late with this update, because I was away the last few days. 
 
I rushed to finish my socks to wear them when I was visiting Krakow which I returned from yesterday at midnight. 

 

They are a little imperfect. 

I think I have more of the purple marl and less of the bright pink on the toes of my second sock (left in the photo) - which is also not as well sewn up across the toes but it feels ok when wearing despite the visual impairment. 

I am toying with unpicking and adding a couple more pink rows in fact. Not sure yet.

In the end its just me will see my toes and does it really matter if one has more pink than the other?

I wore them for two days in Krakow though and walked loads! Right up from the old town to the castle, all around Wawel hill where the castle sits at the top and all round Krakow the next day as well. I also took my previous two pairs of socks with me and all three pairs now need a wash. Always the downside of a holiday, the washing after you get home.

The shots are taken in our AirBnB appartment so not the best lighting, and also the ones on the chairs were taken at Birmingham Airport before we took off so not the best photos,` but I think they do show my socks quite well.

The stripey underside
So yes a little imperfect but still I am in love with these and they are comfortable and very warm. I had to swap for a thinner pair on the way home because they are so warm, but certainly I am happy I attempted these. I might try the Lace socks next - also by Winwick Mum. Lace sounds good for spring and the daffs have buds on at home now.
But first though, I am now knitting the Swirly Slouchy hat despite last week I had decided to stop hat knitting. I just fancy this beret type of hat for spring.

And even though the mosaic pattern is very imperfect and does not quite look as it should do, and the socks are not the same as each other, it really does not matter. They still work wonderfully!

Also having walked literally miles in these there is no sign of thinning or wear yet so very happy wth the kid mohair yarn too. 

And Krakow is lovely. An amazing city to visit. Its actually supposedly warmer here today than it was last week in Poland yet weirdly the UK feels freezing. Must be to do with us being an exposed island or something. It certainly feels wetter here and its not even raining today.

 Have a great weekend

Bracken

2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic, and being thicker with the slip stitches will be perfect for colder days. Ah, the dilemma of unpicking... I go through those myself and in the end, only you can decide! I think your socks look lovely and not obviously different, if that helps :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks. Thats helpful to know its not just me thinks of unpicking. I reckon now they have been worn and they work perhaps I should leave them alone and make another - better - or rather more perfect pair instead.I did try to get the mistakes I made to match in the second sock and they kind of do - almost anyway.

    ReplyDelete