Sunday 6 February 2022

Rebecca Page cullottes


 I actually made these cullottes for the work Christmas lunch party which got cancelled. Then I found them very nice to wear beween Christmas and New Year. They are probably going to get worn though for a few months yet because despite the sliver glitter running through them I find them very wearable for weekends and very comfortable. In fact definitely make this pattern if you want comfy unstructured cullottes. These are nice. They have no zips or fastenings and rely on the stretch in the fabric to work.
They have optioal pockets which I included! Just really nice.

 I had a few problems sewing them up with the overlocker and if you can manage to do that and do not mind no hem ( I twin needled a hem which unfrtunately is still a bit wavy but will hopefully calm down and flattern once they get washed) then you could do these totally by overlocker - but I kept getting a  small hole round by the pocket and in the end had to use a sewing machine to reinforce but thats the fabric I think not the pattern. The curve round the pockets just did not work with my overlocker technique. I will know for my next version. There will be more of these, of that you can be certain, because I really really like these.

What can I say I just love these and have cut out a pair of the shorter version because they are just really good to wear.

Here you can see the almost yoga-band-ish waist
I seem to be getting back into Rebecca Page patterns at the moment. But its like everything you change around with life and the season etc. This suits my life right now though.

The top is the lilac velvet Tshirt I made for the Winter loungewear collection I worked on before Christmas. Just scroll back for the last couple of months if you want to see that. I spent weeks working in stretch velvet and made a collection of trousers, leggings, tops and dresses and though it took some time to make all that its now a lovely collection and I am enjoying wearing it all.

Its certainly wintered -up my wardrobe as well as made it more glamourous and warm. 

Now I am ready for some new clothing though and I am veering towards that Fairie/ Faerie theme I was inspired by at the start of the year. It would be really good to actually achieve my aims this year since I bothered to make some. 

Its a New Year and its so exciting - even though its now February!

I have been mass tracing patterns all January as well as trying to find the ones I already traced, which I left in rolls in my loft. Its taken me so long to trace everything I want to make and I had to stop twice because my hand hurt so much with all the tracing! Honestly, you some how don't expect to have injuries from tracing sewing patterns! I swear this was old fashioned RSI - I know it has a new name these days!

Now I will probably have similar issues with all the cutting I need to do before I can actually make what I have planned. I am so excited to feel I am going to get round to things at last though.

There is now fabric in piles all over my sewing area and patterns next to different bits of fabric. At times like this I worry I might use pattern A and it would be better in the same fabric to make pattern B. Really it will probably make little difference but these concerns take up a great deal of time in my evenings!

Take care and have a great week and see you soon hopefully with some new clothes to show you. Thanks for dropping by my blog;

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment