Wednesday 2 February 2022

Sock along update - final week of the KAL

  

Well I am not going to complete my socks during the KAL. It offically ended 31st January and this is all I have done so far of my second sock. Ah and I have just begun a new project using blue kid mohair ( 3 strands again because its lace weight again). Its the Swirly slouchy hat ( also by Winwick Mum) I have only just begun though and will concentrate on my socks first and of course sewing up my partner's jumper. I do hate the sewing up! You can see my next hat in the basket. It looks kind of beret-ish which I fancy for spring - though probably won't finish that till summer but never mind about that.

Now after my last post I did actually finally sort out the correct pattern but because I cocked up the first sock I am now trying to make the second sock similar - I think identical is impossible for me right now😀.

I am quite happy with how these are turning out though, I must admit and I think they will be very warm. I was feeling a bit down about these but after Christine at Winwick Mum's kind comments I feel much better and there is that old saying better to try and fail then not try at all - or something like that anyway.

And I will get some socks from this even if they do not look like other peoples versions. Nice socks too!


Also unlike my previous 2 pairs I think these will be the right size. The other two pairs are a bit baggy. Since the green pair are the same yarn as these its not yarn type that caused that but my knitting.

Still not so very long ago I never thought I could even consider knitting socks or knitting on small needles. I might finish these this week if time allows and of course if life allows. I will let you see them once I do finish. I am really looking forward to wearing these.

Thanks for visiting my blog,

Bracken


2 comments:

  1. Your socks are looking brilliant, do keep on with the second one - there's no rush to finish in January with my KAL - and I hope you enjoy wearing them! I think your hat will look amazing in kid mohair so I'll look forward to see that too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thank you. I will finish them. I turned the heel this lunchtime so not too much to do now. I will let you know when I finish the hat.

      Delete