Friday 18 February 2022

Velvet Body

This is made from scraps left over from my Christmas glittery velvet trousers. 

To be honest I am not sure really why I made this or even why I bought the pattern. I suppose I got caught on the body band-waggon reading other sewists blogs. I never really liked bodies in the 80s and I had several then. I still do not like them.

Its not pattern matched because there was simply not enough scraps to do that. Its a bonus to make this at all from what was left over from the trousers. I have that sway back thing going on here as well! 

Or at least I think thats whats wrong?

Have to admit though it is rather good with my trousers and the fact I accidentally added the waistband fabric nap the opposite way really works well. I wish I could claim I did that on purpose!
I do like the dancerish look but dislike the lack of comfort.

I suppose  might  use this if it stays in my wardrobe. Today, when it was photographed I wore it about 2 hours and took it off. Its not comfortable. I do not though think its my make. I just dislike bodies in general. But there, I should have known better and not bothered. 

Though I suppose at least it was inexpensive being made from scraps and it might be of use at some point you never know. And, I can now say I own a body!

Its a different make but I do not expect to repeat this one. Its also got nothing to do with my current sewing plans for 2022 so I went off on a tangent already. Though I suppose there is less scraps to add to my stash. Just not so sure making something you do not really like is the way to reduce my stash!

I remember going to a party in the 80s and hating the body I was wearing then and undoing the gusset half way through the night and just tucking that one into my jeans. Several of my friends reported similar experiences so that is not just me. If I want the "body" look infact I  prefer a proper leotard. 

Is this normal or is this how others feel?

I know many people love bodies so much and they seem to have gained in popularity again. I suppose its the clean lines they give. 

Ah well you can't, as they say, win them all.

Thanks for popping by

Bracken

2 comments:

  1. It is really cute as a top! I cannot stand any kind of bodysuit, especially dealing with doing and undoing the snaps! Can you just wear it as a shirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes I agree. TBH no idea why I made it really and yes I will be wearing as a shirt because its a shame not to.

      Delete