Sunday 25 December 2022

Ginger Christmas socks

This yarn is from West Yorkshire Spinners (WYS). In the end I was so happy to buy this long ago now back in August. Its felt like even I could make these for Christmas if I started then. But I needed to finish some other projects and I was delayed starting to knit these. In the end I am very lucky to finish them in time for Christmas. 


I also had to start twice because I began a textured pattern called Rudy which is free from WYS ( designed by the Winwick Mum) but I just could not get along with it. I suspect its not the pattern though but my own inexperience knitting socks. I found it just too difficult so I swapped to a plain knit pattern by the Winwick Mum which I have done several times before and then it went smoothly.

And as you can see they are ready to wear for Christmas Day - just!

 

I actually also bought some yarn in a different Christmas colour also from WYS but since I have only just managed to get the one pair finished on time I might just save that for next year. Maybe then after a few more pairs of socks I might manage a more interesting pattern. For now I am very happy with these.

 

Though I have developed edema which is swollen ankles. This makes the socks look tight. They are not and I cannot actualy wear normal bought socks right now either. So my hand knits are really useful right now. I had some tests to find out what is going on but so far my liver, kidneys and heart are all working ( which is good of course) so who knows. Hopefully the edema will go away with the end of 2022.

I do love these even if they are just plain socks

Happy Christmas

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment