Saturday 10 December 2022

Green cable baby cardigan and bootees

 

This is just a baby cardigan I made. Its in what I hope is the 0-3 months size.
I actually started a comercial pattern and then realised I never downloaded the last page which had the chart for the pattern on it so I decided to use the commercial pattern as a basis as to how many stitches were needed for this size and just make up the cable pattern. 
So this is my first ever me-designed baby jumper. Not that I really expect to keep knitting baby clothes but every now and then its a nice change when someone has a baby because they are obviously fast to knit - being very small.
This is also the first time I ever tried knitting booties. I know lots of people love knitting them.  I don't!
Back
Underneath showing seam


I found knitting booties very fiddly, I also did not feel at all that I had achieved much so I do not think I will knit more of these. I might attempt baby socks but not booties.

They are very unfulfilling to knit,

This is a close-up of the front showing glitter buttons. Its for a boy, so not sure I really should have used these, but I do love a bit of glitter and had some of these in from a buying spree a couple of years ago and they are the perfect shade of green.


So this little jumper took just over a week to knit. The booties took two eveings. Honestly I wish all my projects were so fast!

I may do another baby jumper at some point because I have enjoyed this project but maybe in the second size beause I have had enough of baby knitting for now. Though I am seriously tempted to knit a toy.



Thanks for popping by my blog and have a lovely weekend.

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment