Sunday 1 May 2022

New improved Glittery Sweatshirt with added Mitts

 

I have to be honest this is not a unique make. This is a pretty much identical make to my old glittery grey sweatshirt I made last year so not at all original or even really new though it is a new top. I used the same Burda pattern but it does have a couple of updates. I made the hem band wider because I like the purple velvet one I made with a wider hem band and I also added mitts.

Also I changed how I sew up the mitts,  which are from Melissa Feyrs book on Activewear, and its a much neater result- and much less fiddly as well. 


I suddently remembered how when you sew the gusset on knickers you kind of flip them inside out to sew everything up neat and decided this should work for the mitts on tops. Probably its what Melissa Feyr's book intends but until this top I never sussed this out.

I think it will make my future built in mitts much neater and more professional though which makes me very happy.




When I wore this I was shocked at how thin my old version is now. 

Well worn I suppose. This is so cuddly.

The pocket is much better finished and sewn than any of my previous versions of this pattern. It actually could really be RTW.

Its worn with the navy glittery narrow leg trousers. I have cut a pair of grey ones now as well to match this top but not yet finished sewing them. They are going to be wider legged than these navy ones though. Variety is good I find.





So this is not actually a new make but a repeat. 
 
When I asked Mick to take photos of it he actually said " Why" I have taken loads of that oe before" so its really a very good copy of my first top!

Its a total repeat because its even in the same fabric and from the same seller though I did buy an extra metre this time knowing I had difficulty to get trousers and top from the amount I bought last time. I have yet to sew up the trousers for this but will I think also manage to squeeze either a small Tshirt or a skirt from what is left. Bonus!And last time it took me two days and much stress working out how to get both top and trousers from the fabric I had bought.

And in the end if you do make something you totally love and wear then thats got to be an item to repeat so thats what I have done here. And maybe if I manage to still get more fabric I might even make another next year!
 
Thanks for popping by my blog, I will be attempting to post daily over the rest of this month so do pop back won't you and if you are taking part in #MMM22 please do leave me a comment so I can pop over and see what you are doing. 
Have a lovely day and thanks for poppin' over,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment