Tuesday 31 January 2017

83: A long sleeved top for winter


Well after the slight success of my TMS party tops I decided to have yet another go at Newlook 6230 but this time I was ready for a wide neckline.  I also had another go at overlocking my white stretch lace - again this was not a success. I had similar problems to the last time here: http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/74-quick-party-top.html



This time I used a 90's style of embelishment with some bits of scrap fabric ad lace which I hand sewed over the join in the lace and I added a removeable brooch to this.







 It makes for a slightly ornate neck when the rest of the top is very basic.  I made the back slightly longer than the front but not as much as a normal Hi-Lo top. I also made the sleeves longer cos what I am really after is a cuddly warm overtop for wearing to the office this winter.


Thanks for visiting my blog
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment