Friday 8 June 2018

5,6,7, 8th June and my dog died!


All this clothing stuff seems somewhat unimportant right now. Sadly  I take hundreds of photos but have taken for granted my beautiful dog and not found any recent photos! This photo above is possibly the best way to remember my boy tho because here he was young and healthy and very happy and destructive. He did love a cardboard tube of any size!

This is the only glimpse that seems to be on my blog of Ronnie and you cannot really see him:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/05/mmm17-days-7-8-and-9.html


Ronnie dog has been ill for a while. He was diagnosed with a tumour a few months ago now. He kept coughing and we suspected heart problems but when they looked the vets found the tumour in his lung and possible tumours all over. But being already 14 we decided it was cruel and inappropriate to go giving him chemo anyway since he is already older than most dogs regardless of breed. Ron was my Silky-Paws. A complete and total cross breed / mongrel if you please. I loved him very much.
Ron was 14 years old back in January so not a young dog. His brother the same age and litter. Ron has escaped euthanasia a few times so was doing well. He cost us about £1000 when he was on a drip in February. In August 2017 he fell downstairs and hurt his back. My fault for allowing him the freedom of the house when he was already very old. The thing is until then he never really seemed that old. After that incident yes he was. He had a  leg problem ever since. Last weekend I was worried but could not see what was wrong. After his falling downstairs the vets said not to walk him but we did but not far and not every day. He had a good sized garden. But he did like to see the outside world so we still took him out mostly for drives which he loved. He stayed in bed Monday and did not join us when we watched TV which both dogs usually do. I booked him into the vets on Friday afternoon to see if they can give him more painkillers since it seemed he was ok for 12 hours but needed more after that and metacham is one dose in 24 hours. Overdosing can cause Kidney failure so we don't want to risk that.Then Tuesday was similar and he was having lots of problems getting up so we started to help him. He could do it on his own but why make him hurt. Wednesday he did come to watch TV. Thursday he was paralysed and had to be held up to drink. Friday first thing ( today) he went to the vets as an emergency and they cannot do anything. We expected it would be that way. He was euthanased.


 In his later years he mostly slept so what photos I do have he seems to be on his bed. The earlier years he was a mad crazy lunatic:



This is Ron with his brother Reg at New Years Eve 2006:


By the way they are named this because they were "strays" and we had just seen the Krays. Not the best names I could have given them!

Reg regularly photo-bombs my pictures but I think Ron has rarely appeared on this blog if ever at all.


His brother seems to know something is wrong. He obviously knows Ron is not here but they have both separately gone to the vets over the years and come back a day later so its probably that he has yet to work it out. They were siblings and very connected so I am really worried about this now. He is a howler too and we do need to work. Petsitters can let him out etc but they will still need to leave him alone. Its very worrying and upsetting. Well heart-breaking actually.

5th I wore White jumper made the same way as my blue tops http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/05/mmmay16-06052016-day-6.html
and my white lace trimmed 2-layer top:http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/05/lindy-petal-skirt-white-lace-trimmed.html

 6th I wore my Navy trousers http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/06/final-day-of-mmm-and-i-am-continuing.html

with ladybird top http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/05/mmm18-new-ladybird-top-from-burda-style.html

and got photo-bombed by Reg:





 7th my red ikea fabric top http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/another-red-topburdastyle-022014117.html with black trousers:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2017/08/navy-blue-work-trousers-from-burda-7122.html


Today (8th June) ancient Jeffrey Rogers trousers ( bought 1996)with my black top:



Thanks for visiting
Bracken

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete