Monday 18 June 2018

9th to 18th June


Quick round up:
Saturday 9th
Original bugs dress - this pattern was a freebie with a magazine.I got tempted to buy it and rediscovered the hobby of my youth - sewing! 
I really like wearing this with the same mesh top which is based on my blue tops. They seem to belong together somehow.I have also recently remade a white version of the blue tops and I like it almost as much even though it is white.

Sunday
My mesh-frump dress which I rarely wear but seemed to fit the weather:


Monday
Wide leg work trousers ( my workhorse it seems) with african block print top.

Tuesday


Dotty top and a new white Lindy Petal skirt ( made for The Monthly Stitch June Secret PJ challenge).

I have made this skirt before :http://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2018/05/lindy-petal-skirt-white-lace-trimmed.html

I like the original version. Not so sure about this but maybe its the colour. I never usually wear white but bought this fabric very cheap so needed a use for it and a work skirt seemed viable.



Wednesday:
Lace trimmed top and flora and fauna skirt:



Thursday
Black wrap top and with black wide leg trousers:





Very pyjama-rey!
Friday and a day off to set up at Leamington Peace festival. In fact we forgot this photo. I usually love to do leamington but this year was simply a long series of disasters to the point I am seriously wondering about bothering ever again. We did rubbish but that was cos they sent us to the end of the back of beyond. The entire festival has totally changed. Too many stalls. Rubbish set up and locations. The organisers have changed and I think it is just not as good as it usually is. I am not just talking about making money here but the entire setup. It was good cos I saw some old friends but most of them had difficulty finding us because we were the opposite end to usual. It was disappointing to say the least.
My red trousers and top. Looking at this picture much too bright. I was very hapy that morning to be doing a market again. The excitement!
I do not usually feel this bright these days sadly.



Saturday
 Goldfish dress, leggings and new Asymetric poncho.
I got complaints I was too black for a festival:)😀😀

I went looking for black roses for my hair but no one sold them!




Sunday
I was so tired after Sunday I forgot to take the picture so had to get a catchup one here:
My fluffy jumper finally fitted in somewhere. I will keep it for festivals from now on. I nearly chucked this cos despite its exactly how I designed it and I like it it just never fitted in anywhere. then I was cold enough not tp care and I found it in the van. I forgot it was there but a really good find it seemed and actually it really works! A few people said it did btut until I saw the picturesI would never have believed it. Proves nothing you make is a disaster. You just have to find the right time and place to wear it. I wore it with my original upcycled festival dress.



Finally its Monday and I
so tired I am so glad I took today off to recover!


Thanks for visiting,
Bracken



No comments:

Post a Comment