Sunday 29 March 2020

Black Lydia with mesh

 

Again this is inspired by the high street mesh and lace sleeved T shirts. Istarted witht he Bixa top a few days ago and really that is less wearable than this. Bixa is cropped. To be hoest I have worn it quite  few times now but the Lydia from Burda I reckon will do a similar job but be more me. Its fitted and with the pola dot mesh is really very wearable. It was very cold whe we took these photos so there are not very many of them.

The body is crepe scuba reversed so its flat and the sleeves are polka dotty power mesh. I made a summer hoody from the same fabric.


I think due to the colour it was difficult to get decent photos of this. These were also taken just before a rain storm hence its pretty dark.


To alter the Lydia sleeves into puffed rather than fitted I slashed them twice lengthwise and spread them and compared them to the Bixa overlay width for a guide as to how wide they needed to become for this look. Then gathered across the top of each sleeve and overlocked onto the body.


I overlocked the hems and then turned under and double stitched to make a channel. I added stretch lace to the very edge and then inserted narrow elastic.



This is a pretty simple but very effective top. I think its a good copy of current New Look trends.

I expect this will be a summer favourite because it will go with loads and despite the glitery polka dots its subtle enough for smart work clothing as well as jeans. Its actually worn here with panelled sportswear leggings. I am very pleased with how this one came out.

I have just one more of these tops in the pipeline now. I will show you that in the next few days.

Then I think thats it for this look.
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment