Friday 6 March 2020

Black sportswear leggings


I decided to have a go at Black - Black leggings. As in two different black fabrics. Its very difficult to take photos of these so hopefully you can see these from the following shots.

I know it does not look wonderful when taking photos of black clothing on a blog, but its great for real life and I do need a proper working/play wardrobe. The winter lighting was quite strange the day I wore these leggings and we just struggled with getting them to look right.

I was inspired to do this because I love this top I made in a black crepe body and black mesh sleeves.

Its subtle.

I wear it loads for both work and play so more clothing with this theme should work well for me.



This time I used the reverse of stretch black crepe ( a different type to the top)for these leggings on the centre panels, with some very stretch lycra dancewear type of fabric for the sides. I really like these and have to have another go at a similar pair.

I just have to find some fabric from my stashed bits and see what works. I love this style too. Its McCalls M7446.


I have already made two previous pairs in this style. Probably its time I tried out some new patterns in fact. I am getting a bit comfortable with using the same ones over and pover again. That is not very adventurous is it?

And I am meant to be getting better so I should try out some new (old) patters from my Burda mags or Patrones mags etc. I am currently resisting a subscription to My Image. It does look good and has quite a few decent and different patterns. So far I have continued to resist, but I may have to go for one of their collections of back issues just to satisfy my curiosity.

I actually cut a pocket for these leggings but they looked better without and bearing in mind that my red ones do have two side pockets but I never use them. The red pair are a differnt style.
They are Lisette 6295.

Maybe if I actually went running they might be useful but I prefer a bum bag or a rucksack so I made these without the pockets. They look better I think. It was a bit wasteful because I cut and sewed the top hems of the pockets but just decided not to add after pinning. I might yet use them on another pair though.


These are not quite perfect. I tried resewing the centre seams a couple of times. This worked for the front but not for the back and they did not line up even after this. Possibly due to me being too confident and not pinning before sewing the curved seams. Well that will teach me!







I am also still not really up to speed with the sewing skills I had before my op, but practice makes perfect etc, so onwards to my next project.

I have to just accept at the moment that my sewing has to be practiced to get back to where I was.  I suspect perfection will always elude me. Its all still wearable and still as good as much RTW clothing so I shall live with it.

I am also finding it easier to stand upright now on both legs. My op was very successful and there is just 3mm difference in length of my repaired leg to the original unoperated leg. That can be a normal difference because no one is exactly symetrical but when it was first operated it felt loads longer and I struggled to stand upright. I am very happy with that as well right now. Its going to be a good year I think.

And I think these leggings will prove to be very wearable. I love them.
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment