Monday 13 May 2019

Red Lisette mesh side panel leggings - Sunday 12th May 2019


Sunday 12th May
I actually got round to taking photos of what I wore on Sunday and here they are:

 
My red leggings with an old sports top and my Frieda Petrenko mesh top. And I am feeling brave and not too fat which is possibly a first! Must be the idea of my hip op making me understand soon I can do sport again though apparently running is to be avoided but cycling is according to my consultant "perfect". I need a new push-bike!
Photo-bombed by Hughie

I thought I had already blogged about these leggings but when I looked I have not. They are made like my earlier winter weight leggings from a stretch crepe jersey. Because I decided I have the crepe side as the wrong side they are made using the reverse of the fabric which is not so good in someways because when my dogs jump up it does snag on their claws. Mind you I got caught up in some raw chicken wire in my chickens run and they did not get ripped, so not too delicate either. Other than that though its turned out to be a hard wearing fabric which is very warm, seems to contain some % of lycra and its very successful. The side panels are power mesh and they have a pocket on each leg.

I never got round to blogging about this pair of leggings before today but I made them back in February. These are the Lisette 6295 side panel leggings.




I actually cut these out just after New Year when I was mad on making sportswear that was a bit warmer than the usual thin lycra stuff.  I sewed them up in February.  Being a more basic design than the other pairs I made, these got left on my sewing pile till last. 

The only interesting parts really are the mesh side panels – which have ankle ruching – and the side pockets. They are ot a very transparent mesh either. I was inspired by fashion to make these but the mesh is too thick really. Making a new pair with more transparent mesh panels is high on my current to-do list.

I have several basic side panel leggings so side panels is nothing new for me and is not really that interesting.

It was, when I bought this pattern, but that was a few years ago when there were far less activity wear patterns available.

The side panels and side pockets are quite a thick power mesh. The top of the side panels is a black crepe lycra fabric used to make my yoga pants and my ribbons top and the black multi-media top. Its very silky fabric. I used the reverse of this silky black crepe for these and they look like normal lycra panels. I did the same with my cream and orange leggings.

The power mesh is left over from this wrap top and this skirt.

These are actually very wearable leggings despite the bright red colour which was a worry when I was sewing them up. AND surprisingly I do not look that fat in them!




The lace front top pictured in these original photos of these leggings is the same red fabric with a black stretch lace overlay – it does not really go well with a more activity look.

I generally wear the top for work on colder days with “office type trousers”. It just happens to be made from the same fabric that’s all.

I suppose this does show how the different pattern choice changes the fabric into whatever you want it to be!



See you with more me mades tomorrow!
Bracken







No comments:

Post a Comment