Monday 10 September 2018

Finally finished a UFO and its not a coat after all!



I started this self-drafted coat ages ago and bogged about it on 24th April 2016 as part of a The Monthly Stitch challenge "florals". 

You can see the original post here:



It was my number 30 of 100 garments. I exceeded the original 100 ages ago but never mind about that.
I wanted very much to take part in the April 2016 Monthly Stitch challenge which was florals. I failed dismally because this never got finished until this week. April ended as did that challenge and I never got it finished. Yes I know you can post for Amnesty day but that's nearly a month awayand I want to show you now. 
Anyway, April ended with this left unfinished and I moved onto something else. Then it has kind of just sat there ever since. I'd get it out of the box and intend to finish it then stash it away again. It was never quite right until suddenly I showed it my partner who says what a lovely dressing gown!




I do not really do florals which was that month's theme but made an attempt with the lining fabric which I still think is gorgeous.
I even added button holes for a pull-cord in the hood though now reckon I will probably not use them.


This is the back view

The blue panels are faux suede.



So I finished it.




And yes this is going to make a lovely winter dressing gown. I finally found out what I have made and that gave me the oomph I needed to finish a tiny bit of hand sewing. Now of course I should probably make some nice PJs rather than wear my boring RTW ones with it😊


Thanks for visiting my blog
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment