Friday 21 September 2018

Reggie died on 13/09/2018

Image may contain: dog and indoorMy beautiful dog who so often photo bombed my blog posts died last week. I have kind of been trying not to think of it at all and done so much sewing its crazy. All that stuff that has been hanging round for ages is done. Its taken me over a week. I am still not working and glad to have had time with him the last few weeks. He was 14 last January and to be honest he has never got over losing his brother. Ron died at the start of June with a tumour which grew into his spine and paralysed him. Reg was ok in the day but every night since he would not settle. They never stopped lying on top of each other like puppies and he needed Ron to go to sleep. We moved downstairs on an air bed for the whole summer to keep him compay and I can honestly say I never once got a decent nights sleep. Reg had a hernia and in the end it burst and he was seriously suffering and it was time but it is still awful and I am devastated. I called them Ronnie and Reggie because they were strays and we had just watched the film The Krays. Not the best names to call them really but it seemed funny at the time.

Here are my lovely boys:
Reggie 2005





Reggie 2015


Ronnie New Year 2016

Reggie 2016

My boys

Always together

Ronnie in the car going out for a walk

My boys cuddling


The best chicken dog ever - Reggie with Emily (we were doing building work)
Image may contain: 1 person, dog, outdoor and nature
Still pulling hard even at 12 years old. Yorkshire 2016
Image may contain: 1 person, dog, beach, ocean, outdoor, nature and water

Stealing the chairs and getting comfy

Image may contain: one or more people, dog, indoor and close-upImage may contain: one or more people, dog and indoorImage may contain: one or more people and dog

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment