Tuesday 14 April 2020

Stretch Green paisley mesh dress



 I think this is the very first Burda Style dress pattern I ever bought - as in PDF download. That was in 2013. I have not managed until now to put the pattern together and make the dress. I actually now also own the original magazine this came out of since I got a copy from Ebay but never mind. All that matters is eventually I got to make this. This is 04/2013#127
Its stretch lycra khaki green ribbed fabric for the lining like the stuff used for the body of this
T shirt and the paisley power mesh I still have metres and metres of. I am sure I will find something else to make from it. I already have a wrap top which will be Ok over this dress if its cold, a high low skirt and another unlined mesh dress which I turned into a ruched sided T shirt top because I never wore the dress. I have yet to get a photo of it as it is now. Similarly I seem to have no photo of my paisley wrap top. Maybe in Me Made May!


I really really like this dress though not so sure I put it together quite right.

The picture does not have a pointy hem at the back. I quite like that though.


Also not too sure about the baggy back neck tho suspect that is my sewing.

Its possibly a bit off what it should be because I decided its so tight I would skip adding the elastic along the front.

Well yes, it works without, but in the end to keep the gathers even you do need elastic so I sewed that in after construction which makes it harder to sew it.



Also I omitted the back darts and the zip. Probably why its baggy at the neck?

I should have omitted the back seam allowance I expect. I was worried it would in the end need that zip, but it works as an over the head top/dress. I do not think it needs the darts and without the zip is always better than with, if its possible to do it without, in my mind anyway. 

Having a zip always means the zip breaks and the garment goes into the bin because its often too much hassle to fix it rather than just make a new version of the garment. I really dislike zips.


So almost the #127, 04/2013 dress. 
You know I really do love this even if its not quite like the picture. Its very "me".

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment