Saturday 11 April 2020

Stripey T shirt





Mick loves this T shirt. Its an almost exact copy of one he has from the mid 90s which is now going in holes and used to be his favourite top.
 I am actually not so happy with this as he is. I reckon the sleeves are a bit long for a start.

Mick though said they are fine so I have left them. Its an easy thing to sort out later if he changes his mind.

The neck though is another thing. His original 90s T shirt has a wrap type of V neck which I attempted to copy. Its not the best thing I have sewn thats for certain.

 You can see how I tried to resew it and then resew it again to get it right. 

Well I did not manage that very well at all.
Still despite this I have made him a top he seems to like - as in I wanted to wash it and he refused to let me and wore it an extra day so he must  be into it.

I made another top for Mick from this fabric ages ago. I realised when I made that, that this was just about and exact copy of the fabric of his much loved T shirt, hence I bought more of that stripey fabric for just this project. I was not sure how to make the V neck though so its taken a couple of years before I was confident enough to tackle this. I am still not happy with it, but suspect its better than I would have achieved two years ago.  Next time it will be better.










There is just one more T shirt I need to show you then this challenge is complete. Hopefully I will get photos of that one tomorrow.

For now here's another shot of Mick in his new stripey top
 
Stay safe everyone
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment