Tuesday 9 June 2020

Sierra bra x 2



These are my latest attempts at the free Sienna bra. My original version is the camo bra I made last week. The grey fabric is I think a bit small and not stretchy enough. Its made from scraps left over from T shirt dress.


The striped bra has stretch lace instead of picot elastic. Its the better bra of the three I have made. This one has proper hook and eye bra fasteners.However I still prefer my original bikin fasteners so will make the next brawith them.



The Sienna is meant to have wide stretch lace on the bottom ( well its actually meant to be all lace) so I think the striped bra probably fits the best or most like Madalynne intends it. They all work though.

Both of these are like the original lines with blue owermesh however the striped bra is an improvement. I suspect I am meant to have sewn them all like this one but did not figure out how until now. This is much neater and more RTW. I worked out how to overlock the inside seams and flip so it is perfect!

 It was very difficult to take good photos of this because when opened out its actually a large item and I have limited space.

I overlocked all the edges after joining everything together the sewed stretch lace over them being mindful of the directions. This time I did not stretch the lace edging. last time I made the mistake of stretching my picot elastic making the first two bras a bit tight I think. The directions say not to stretch.








Yes I love this pattern so have cut another one out as well. I will show you that later,
Take care 
Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment