Friday 16 April 2021

Grey wool hoody - Burdastyle 126, 11/2016

 This is possibly made because I felt so cold when we took photos of my white shirt the other week. I traced and cut this out so fast and it was a relatively fast sew as well so I am pleased to show you this one. 

I currently have mismatched toggles but please ignore them. I have yet to received the new ones I have bought - and they are tiny grenades of all designs!

The fur fabric comes from a second hand fur coat. That turned out to be the cheapest way to get hold of fur. So this is partly upcycled I suppose.

I did have to piece it but it does not notice so I am happy enough. The grey wool coating is the same fabric used for my winter work trousers. I do intend to wear them together - like a suit but a bit more fun and trendy

The pattern is Burdastyle 126, 11/2016 which is my most used Burda magazine ever. Soon I will have made nearly everything in this one. I actually bought it for this coat so its taken some time for me to get round to making this. Its been on my "to make list" since it came through my letter box back in 2016.


The jacket has a high low hem  and it has no pockets which is slightly annoying. I could have added them but I reckon it might destroy the nice lines so did not do that.
I made two sizes up to my usual Burda size because I want to be able to layer this over thick arans.


Its closed at the neck with  yoke - like the Burda version with bought frogs. 

 

These came from Ebay for just over £5 for the three and were a real pain to sew on. I am not sure how these closures usually come but mine were glued into shape and if you were rough with them the glue came undone meaning its hard to hand sew them on. Otherwise they were fine though and very affordable.

This is a great jacket. 

Different, but still respectable enough even for work I think.

Its worn here with my black track pants. I am not so sure about them right now. I am concluding I made them with the fabric wrong way round! Terry side out that is. I may just have to make either some more trousers or a top with the rest of that fabric. Right side out tho next time. 😏

Its snowing here right now making this jacket perfect for the time of year. For once I actually made something that fits the season!

Take care and stay safe

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment