Friday 23 April 2021

White fleece Burdastyle hoody.

  

This is another version of Burda style 103, 01/2017. I made a grey marl ( with glitter) version a few weeks back. I decided to finally use this white fleece I have in my stash. The turquoise is a snood so not part of the top.


Its worn here with my Burda track pants. I really should make another pair of them as well. Maybe in a brighter colour for spring because I have worn them loads.
I am also wearing my recent successful hand knit black mitts - it was cold when these photos were taken! You can get the mitts pattern from here if you want it. https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2021/04/black-glitter-hand-knit-mitts.html
 
I do not very often wear white because its really not my colour, and never white fleece. Or at least this is a first for me. This fabric ended up in my stash being just £2.49 a metre so was just impossible to walk past and not buy.

I like the grey version of this hoody so much I decided I could actually handle this white fleece fabric in that style. It seemed a shame not to make something from this warm fabric and I have a need right now for warm tops. Also the top is so easy and fast to sew up and I had even already traced the pattern. So its a kind of bonus top in a way due to the lack of effort needed to make it ( no pattern tracing or sticking together for this one!) and its very warm. 

After making this it suddenly went cold again with flurries of snow flakes but now its gone warm again so with the changeable spring weather its actually perfect for the UK at this time of year.
Again, just like my grey version this was really easy to make. One thing that did occur to me after finishing this was the fact you could sew the pocket inside and flap it over so making for a non-topstitched top edge. I am not sure whether this would look better but if your topstitching is a bit uneven ( like mine) and you decided to use a contrast thread - I stupidly went with grey thinking it would add to this but realy it just shows up my dodgy stitching so I should have done it all in white.
I actually only ended up with grey stitching along the hood hem and the pocket sides because I unpicked the rest and did it in white because it just looked home made with my skill level in grey stitching. Other than that though this worked out very well I think and its perfect for spring - even if I do feel rather bright and white when I first put it on!

Take care stay safe and happy crafting

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment