Friday 20 August 2021

BBQ party outfit from Three free patterns

 I got asked to a BBQ. Its been so long since I went out to a friends house for dinner. It was aparty with work colleagues so I did not want to dress too informal and slob-like so decided to make a new top. 


This was the  tie front Wilder top which is a free Mood Sewciety pattern. I used a drapey silky woven leopard print viscose for this and it has worked well. The fabric was very fray-ey butotherwise his was relatively sinple to make. Mood have a version where you can make the sleeves wider which I considered but in the end decided to save fabric and make the basic version and I am quite happy with the width of these sleeves.

This is the MDF198 – The Wilder Top Sewing Pattern.

https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/how-to-add-volume-to-the-bottom-of-a-sleeve-free-pattern-hack/ 

I actually made a skirt from the offcuts of my leopard print fabric as well but ended up wearing that before I wore this, due to the party being postponed.

 I thought this leopard print top would tart up my old wide leg black trousers nicely, but then decided to make some new ones since the old ones look a bit pilly and old. They were made a long time ago now back in 2017 I think! I have worn them constantly so its worth time to make a replacement and this is a nice fabric though creases a bit more than the original pair.

I bought this nice stretch linen (linen-look because I have no idea of the fiber content!) fabric last winter in a sale and had been planing to make some trousers from it for ages. In the end I made a top as well so had a whole new outfit for the BBQ.


 I decided to use the Mood Jamesia pattern for the trousers because I just love this pattern - so another free pattern though this one is a TNT pattern and its about time I made some nice work trousers from it because I have several play versions from this pattern already. 

https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/the-jamesia-pant-free-sewing-pattern/

These are some of the previous versions of my Jamesia trousers. 

The pattern is really for wovens but I have also made a few pairs in jersey without adding the waist darts and just adding elastic round the waist. They make good track pants!


Then the BBQ got put off for another week so I added the top which is Angela Kane's sleeveless top pattern 532 in size small. I think you need to sign up to the website to get this but thats easy to do.

 https://angelakane.com/sewing_patterns/patterns/sleeveless-top-sewing-pattern-532.php


When making this I forgot to sew the darts but it actually fits well without so I may repeat that in the future. I closed the back with a bow made from black satin ribbon.


And this is a very wearable smart, and a not too formal, nice party outfit. And as a bonus I finally got round to making some new black work trousers!

Thanks for stopping by.

Have a great week

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment