Wednesday 12 January 2022

Lilac T shirt and leggings - Winter loungewear

I made more loungewear:

  Ok maybe its a bit overkill now but I made them so they get posted.

Here is a T shirt and leggings made from the same lilac fabric as my dress was. The leggings are a very basic pattern I used several times before - most recently my tiger statement leggings and the top is Butterick B5562 view D without the extra neck piece. I have made it several times before. Its easy to make and nice to wear. The easy to make bit being very relevent with this particular velvet which is a pig to sew!
Admittedly they look a bit PJ-ish here but as seperates they are very wearable in public for every day life. 

Well I messed up the hem and unpicked it which left a small hole on the hem of my top so then I folded over and just made a mock band which cut off the small hole. Genius! Never thought to do that before but its well worth remembering if you mess up in that way - assuming your top is long enough that is. Mine was, because I had already cut it extra long. It never ended up long of course but it did end up very wearable instead of having a bit of damage which of course was right on the front.

And these have been worn a lot over the last few days and I am very happy with them despite I was disapointed with the pale lilac when it turned up. Its one of the fabrics I was misssold last year from a discount online store. I bought one thing and got something very different from one seller. Still you eventually learn who to buy from. I actually fnally made some nice things from this velvet too so in the end I am happy. And its gone from the stash!



See you next week

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment