Thursday 31 March 2022

Street Art in Krakow

 

When I saw this street art I just had to get some photos. Faery wings painted on a wall at just the right height ( for me anyway). 

We only spent a few days in Krakow, but found this street art in the Kazmeirz Area ( Jewish Quarter). Its a great area to visit especially on a Sunday by the looks of it. Or maybe we were just lucky. Sadly we never got to explore much of Krakow really because there are loads of galleries and museums and what I never knew till visiting but its the oldest city in Europe! Or at least as in architecure which dates right back to mediavel times and is pretty much still in use so loads of old buildings and culture. There is also the Wavel Castle where the Kid of Poland used to live which is huge!

We also got to see Auschwitz ( and Birkenau which is the much bigger camp attached to Auschwitz) and despite I grew up being taught all about the Holocaust I still found loads I never knew and the overall whole thing was very emotional and shocking. I would definitely reccommend you visit if every you get the chance to do so. Things like the sheer volume of human hair in just one room is so unbelieveable! And to know its just a fraction! How the Nazis treated people especially women - they shaved them everywhere by a male doctor and this back in the 30s and 40s when people were far more reserved than now and lets face it we would not allow that even now. Just awful and so shocking! But worth knowing about the whole thing - movement of the jews from everywhere which for some reason never quite hit me properly till that day - and how they also imprisoned and tortured others - Romanies, political prisoners, gays, religious leaders, artists etc etc and for some reason this ever sunk into my head before this visits. Photos of the jews fro Amsterdam, Hungary, Russia, everywheer in europe! A few times I actually wanted to cry and had to stop myself. 


Anyway back to happier things!

The wing height was not quite so good for Mick ( who is over 6ft) but then I am not sure he was so keen on posing for this photo either, but I forced him.😀

Mick with faery wings!

To be fair it was it was not really difficult, but as he said some of his mates will love this!

 

My only real regret is I had a very minimal amount of clothing and it was all neutral so I could not dress up for the photos as I would have liked.

With my New Years Faery theme for 2022 makes I kind of have to include these photos in this years blog though.

Take care

Bracken


2 comments:

  1. Ah such a lucky thing to find this year as well when I am obsessed with fae fashion! Couldn't believe it when I saw them.

    ReplyDelete