Saturday 2 April 2022

Winwick Mum Swirly Slouchy Hat

 This is the Winwick Mum Swirly Slouchy Hat pattern.
Its knitted using 3 strands of lace weight kid mohiar mix yarn. It took much longer than expected for me to finish this but I did knit it as my "second" project. A jumper for Mick being the first. I really need to get some photos of that before he wears it out.

Its a quite simple pattern with a swirl in knit and purl going round the hat and it moves by one stitch on every block throughout giving the lovely swirly movement. 

I did use stitch markers while knitting this though to keep me on track and I think it was well worth it. I rarely bother with stitch markers, but this time I think they really helped me. This is a deceptively easy pattern but you must keep on track with the changes at the edge of each block else the swirl will not work. I do not thik I made any mistakes in this either 😀 and must admit many of my knitted items contain errors.

I am not so sure did the cast offs on top right. They worked out etc but maybe not so neat as they should be. Not sure if its just me being picky though.


It does work and makes a lovely beret type of hat which is perfect for today since its snowed again.

With it I am wearing my lovely warm wool top and my ( also warm) velvet leggings. Since the weather keeps swapping between sun, snow and hail its a good outfit for the weather. 

Have a lovely weekend

Bracken

1 comment: