Saturday 23 July 2022

Fluorescent yellow velvet leggings and shorts πŸ˜€


I love the shorts and I hate the leggings. 

 

Same fabric, same pattern but just different lengths. 

I obviously had one of those "Oooo shiny shiny" moments you get when you have a fabric obsession that leads to you having a lovely to look at, but very unwearable fabric stash!

I try to restrain my self nowadays, and just buy practical colours navy, pale blue, black etc or nice prints - since at least thats wearable. Sometimes however, like this yellow, my liking takes over and I end up with stuff thats a beautiful wantable fabric, but what the hell am I going to make from this?

I have tons of it. I think I stupidly bought 3m so have loads still to use. Well it was cheap. Thats the only good thing about this buy - it was £2.25 a metre so at least I did not waste much money on it!

 

I have a liking though for cycling shorts of all lengths - being a cyclist. But also as a fashion item. These are really not up to serious cycling since they have no padding but they are great now the weather has become so hot. Its meant to get to 28 DegC today.
I can see me wearing the shorts lots but really cannot handle the leggings. 

 

I suspect in fact that these leggings will end up as my campsite PJs. Still at least they should have a use then and in the sunshine will not care about the over brightness of these.

I have loads of this yellow velvet that was meant to have lycra in it but I am not sure thats true. It does not really seem to have good enough recovery to be a lycra fabric - still never mind. I can use it for something though maybe in that case PJs will work better than actual leggings so its not such a loss that I am not keen on these after all. Though I do not think I can handle a matching top. At least not to be worn at the same time as the leggings.

 

But they will be fine for tramping to and from the showers/ toilets when on a campsite - after all as a close friend always says - anything goes when no one knows your name ..............

I do though like the shorts so much I am even considering a second pair. Well I have to find some way to use up the rest of the 3m of this I have in my fabric stash and its not really going to be an easy one to use. 

It seemed a great idea to buy fluorescent yellow velvet at the time. πŸ˜€


There is a local yearly event where everyone wears Dayglo and marches around Coventry. 

Maybe I should make a costume and join in next year?

 

Though the idea of fluoro velvet undies and some scrunchies does appeal and I may have to make some of each but the problem is I just have loads  of this yellow velvet! Scrunchies can come out of offcuts - so can undies. Not sure about swimwear which could work but I would have to line the fabric I think. I suspect it will look transparent when wet. Still the RP bikini I made a while back is lined so maybe that might be a good choice. There is a longer version of that pattern too which could look good. I will have to have a think. I kind of fancy a longer tankini bikini. The sea is never ever warm in this country so velvet could be a nice choice and the lining if containing lycra should hold it all in shape nicely. The idea is growing on me. Especially since the longer tankini version would look good as a top with a matching skirt and this could make a great tube skirt. 

I am seriously keen to use this fabric up this summer and not to leave it longer in my stash. Its not at all a wearable colour in winter despite being velvet and its already been in my stash around a year. Time to get rid and make use and find a way to wear it. I do think I might wear a tube skirt in this colour - at least when its hot so probably an evening skirt really since the velvet would be a bit too warm for very hot summer days even in the UK.

I do like a bit of fluorescent yellow - and orange - and green and occassionally even pink. And velvet too.............though on this particular occasion I am so glad I did not invest in all the different fluoro colours they were selling at the same time as I bought this.

Summer evenings here I come - and they will see me coming from a long distance away πŸ˜€

Happy weekend and see you soon

Bracken

1 comment: