Thursday 15 August 2024

Grey A line Ric-Rac skirt and shortie twist shoulder top

 

This is the same skirt pattern used for the 90s inspired set I made a few years ago. Luckily I kept my pattern tracing so did not have to trace it again.

This skirt is made from a scrap of grey suiting type fabric I had in the stash left over from my flapper dress - well thats what the pattern says that dress is anyway! 

The ricrac brade was an inspiration/ need. I never intended it to be there but I ran out of grey thread and only had this blue which happened to match the ricrac I have been keeping for just such a moment for about 10 years. So the top of the hem is in blue thread - hidden by the same colour ricrac and the underneath is grey to match the skirt. I did feel that small detail was a minor achievement I have to admit.


The top was actully a dress I attempted that just did not quite work. I ended up making that half made dress into two tops and this is one of them.The shoulders have a single twist. Not so sure this top might be better without the twist. But right now its summer and this does make a cute summer top. 

The fabric is the same as my green twist back dress but just a different colourway.

So this last week I feel I was relatively productive sewing-wise. 

Ah I also knitted the white jumper. It was actually the most difficult pattern I have ever managed. I have not so far repeated it despite I love the jumper. I should have made it longer but since I had unpicked pretty much every pattern repeat over and over it was just so nice to get to the length specified in the pattern that I stopped there. Its ok for summer but I do prefer my woolies longer. Though on this occassion its actually 100% cotton yarn not wool.

The top is definitly cute despite its a bodge from a pattern I messed up made into something else. I did feel I have wasted this fabric though!

Its made using Burdastyle 122 12/2011 which I had imagined making for years and when I finally got round to it it really just was not me at all. I have yet to wear top two but that could also be a fun top. At least my fabric was not binned and this is a wearable top for summer.This is the "top" of that pattern.







Its currently thundering and rainy while I write this but hopefully the weather will improve soon and I can get back to enjoying the rest of summer. 

Have a lovely week.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment