Thursday 1 August 2024

Cerena hack in camo double gauze

 I bought the camo double gauze back in January and it was sold as having a defect. I cannot see one anywhere on the piece I got. This makes my reduced price "seconds" fabric really wantable and I wish I had bought more. 

I did also buy this fabric in blue camo but have yet to decide what to make from that. I am veering towards a dress next time. That will more than likely not happen now until next winter/ spring because I am seriously starting to plan my winter wardrobe right now rather than as I usually do leave that until its cold and nasty and finish making nice warm clothing in time for spring! So I want this year to be different which means I need to be working at least 3 months ahead of the expected weather to make it happen.

Anyway back to my lovely cool camo trousers which were made a month or so back from the Rebecca Page Cerena pattern.  Or at least the trousers parts.

Sad what happened tp RP. I read that loads ( around 300 people!) of the ambassadors lost credits for patterns as well as people who paid for their courses, which is quite disgusting. I would now never buy from the new RP Etsy shop as a result though I also read that its got nothing to do with Rebecca Page herself but to the new business owners. To be honest I really hope Rebecca makes a come back because I like many of her patterns and had lots of fun when I was myself an ambassador. Even when I stopped I still took part in the Facebook group and that has also now gone. 

Well the Cerena pattern as a jumpsuit was not a favourite of mine but I don't really go in for jumpsuits so thats not a surprise. I did make one here.  Then I sesibly updated the jumpsuit into separates and have worn the trousers part loads since. I particularly love the trousers but they are now old and far too wintery being velvet so I decided to use the same pattern for this fabric.

 


Because the legs on the Cerena a probably too narrow for double gauze I added 2cm to CF and CB. I also missed out the pockets because I actually did not have enough fabric for them to match and could not find anything suitable in my alarmingly large stash of offcuts! So no pockets which is not ideal but still these have worked out to be lovely for the summer. 


So in the end with the gathered (elastic) ankles, these are more like harem pants than the jumpsuit, but the pattern gave me a great starting point.

Its 28 degrees -ish now in the Uk most days so these are perfect when I need to be semi-respectable in the city I work in. I can get away with these even in the office. The camo does not matter because its currently so "in".

So, I am enjoying these. They are worn here with my tie front top which was actually made for a BBQ outfit. Its a bit much for work wear admitedly but I do like loud for the weekend and days off work. Together these area  great outfit for avoiding the sun but staying cool when covered. 

Have a great week and enjoy the warm weather if you are i the UK. Otherwise I wish you well and thanks for popping by,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment