Friday 17 May 2019

More inspiration or information - The Vampire Wife style

According to this report:
https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2019/03/14/zawe-ashton-in-the-vampires-wife-betrayal-press-night-after-party

The Vampires Wife dresses have a shoulder pad!

Zawe Ashton In The Vampire's Wife - 'Betrayal' - Press Night After Party


Thats how the puffed sleeve top is achieved!

Well in this at least my own version will remain totally different. Its one thing being inspired enough to copy a dress and quite different to start wearing 80s style shoulder pads. No not for me!

I do like these sleeves although would want them a tad shorter myself - I sadly must live in the real world of washing up/cleaning, dog walking and work so sleeves of this length would annoy me.
The billowy balloon style though I do like and could be a but shorter so they become live-able.
One for next version maybe.

I have to complete version 3 first.

I found this and the below dresses from The Vampires Wife to be good inspiration for my next DIY dress based on these designs. I very much like the sleeves on this dress because its often cold in summer in the UK or at least we wake up to lovely sunshine so you dress in sandals and a summer dress but by mid morning it starts to go cold and rainy.

I tend to carry a second pair of shoes to change when it rains cos I hate wet feet in slippy sandals.

The Blossom dress
The Splendour Dress






Living in the changeable weather of the UK, I am sometimes stuck freezing with a short sleeved or sleeveless dress because it starts off lovely and then I go to work so the Splendour Dress pattern would work perfectly to be cool in the sunny part of the day and then when it gets colder to stay warm enough to not need an extra layer.





 The frilled cuff is also a nice feature. I have not so far tried to copy the Blossom dress sleeves. I like it but I have not yet figured out shirred clothing. I have been told by one person its easy but another finds it hit and miss so I am unsure how well I could make this. I really do not want to trash any nice fabric.

Anyway this all gives me food for thought,

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment