Tuesday 7 May 2019

#Me Made May 2019 days 3 to 6

Day 3 - Friday
I wore my navy blue trousers. I do not like these trousers.

Or at least I love how they look but they are very uncomfortable. As in I think maybe too high waisted or the crotch is too high - either way its a bit like being flossed! Not comfortable at all for every day wear. They have had the hem chopped off 3 times too since they came out so very long. I think to make these wearable I will need to cut about 3 inches / 8cm off the top of the waistband to make them lower waisted and then they may actually fit me. I never did like high waisted though regardless of fashion!

Anyway for now, right now, I do not have enough good clothing not to wear them for work, but I do not like this pattern at all. Its a shame because I have bought some olive green fabric to make a second pair - I love the sailor style- but will make something else from that. I was so happy to finish these its a real shame I got very confused with what are actually easy construction but I do not like to wear them.
Still even with RTW clothing you win some lose some.

I also made the top - several times - because I love this so much I ended up with 6 of them - 4 in the blue fabric and two black ladder mesh ones!

There is a tutorial for this here:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2015/12/8-dark-navy-top-with-step-by-step.html

Day 4- Saturday
Wore some very old clothing - me made though but getting very tatty now - Did some wallpaper stripping to repair the damage done by my beautiful 8 month old puppies - Roger and Hugh - who you can see here photo bombing the shots.



They are collie x GSD and very lovely but extremely destructive. They can't help it!

I could recommend them for helping to strip wall paper. Sadly mine was new last year in May so did not need stripping off! Never mind it can be repaired I hope.




The top was made here:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/12/74-quick-party-top.html


Leggings here:
https://brackencrafts.blogspot.com/2016/05/38-side-panel-leggings.html


 Day 5- Sunday

My fluoro orange sports top for a trip to the garden centre and DIY store.








 Day 6 - Monday - Bank Holiday



Orange jacket again with my ancient leggings again. This is a bit repetitive but to be honest I do not want to ruin my good Me mades when decorating. Everything was washed between wearings in case you wondered - also the orange top gets filthy so fast its terribly annoying. I like wearing this top despite its obvious imperfections (wavy zip etc). I really must make another one of these but in a more practical colour.

I also re-made the T shirt to make it "girl" fitting. I was unisex and was very baggy but not baggy enough if you get me and it had sleeves I did not like and a tight neck and was just the wrong shape. I actually like mens Tshirts when they are huge and baggy but this one was just the wrong shape.

So I used dress pattern: McCalls M6612 to make it wearable

I raised the neckline a bit so I did not loose any of the print but otherwise cut as the pattern making it as long as the original Tshirt would allow then overlocked the edges. I am in two minds about whether to hem the neck, hemline and armholes and so far have left raw and overlocked. The bottom hems has started to curl up though with wearing so perhaps I should do the hems properly after all. I do want this to last now I have changed the design.







Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day
Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment