Wednesday 8 May 2019

Me Made May day 7 #MMM19 day 7

So just a quick post today


Day 7 - wore my new black velvet skirt made using this steampunk pattern.





















I need some much better photos of this but did not have time yet to take them. Besides the rubbish rainy dull weather that is. 

This is the short version of this skirt pattern. Its a lovely black lycra velvet which I managed to get 3 pieces of in an Ebay Auction. I already made some flares from it but I have yet to use the rest of it. This short version reminds me of late 80s "flippy" skirts which were segmented with mock godets.



This just has three pieces and is so easy to sew. I am tempted in fact to sew a long black velvet version but would I really wear that?

I made the longer skirt - a long green faux leather skirt a while ago now.


It took me quite a while to work out how to wear my green skirt so the blog post does not show it at its best. I will have to get round to getting some new photos of that skirt. And this one since you really cannot see it in this picture. Still this post is for #MMM19 not really a normal blog post.

Now the green skirt actually got admired when I was in a supermarket the other week which inspired me to make more in this style.

The cashier asked me where I got it and I felt obliged to tell her I made it myself.

I never tell. I find it all a bit embarrassing.

Its my secret - me and the sewers of the internet that is................still there is something satisfying about being told something you made is good enough that someone else would like to buy one the same.

Its a new thing for me to talk about my sewing but after this happened I told a work colleague.

Unfortunately, the whole department now knows I sew my own clothing and its getting silly with them asking if I made this or that - usually it seems I did make it.


In fact this year's Me Made May is no challenge at all because really its very rare thing these days for me to actually wear RTW clothing.  Or at least the real challenge is photographing my me mades, not wearing them.

Never mind. Time maybe to come of the closet so to speak and not be shy about my me mades!

Thanks for visiting
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment