Friday 31 December 2021

Green Socks - my second pair of hand knitted socks

 

These are my second pair of hand knit socks. I am very happy with them because there are no mistakes at all unlike the first pair where my heel stitch is not quite right.

They are made using the Winwick Mum sockalong but this time I used three strands of my lace weight mohair. 

The first pair - which have now been worn loads and have still got no holes - were made using two strands of lace weight mohair. 


I will not use three strands again because it was so hard on my hands. I ended up with holes in my finger from how difficult was knitting with three strands and 2.5mm needles. They did come out super thick but I suspect would have worked on a pattern designed for the next gauge up of yarn. Anyway the next pair I will be back using just two strands. Especially now I know they last a few wears and do not get holey!

I am going to have to knit another pair of these, but maybe I will make a hat or something else first?

Have a brilliant New Year, All the best wishes to all my readers for 2022.
Bracken




No comments:

Post a Comment