Friday 24 December 2021

Navy glitter joggers

If you read my post yesterday you will know I made a navy glitter sweatshirt from french terry. I also made the joggers to match. 
I needed to cut very carefully to get this to work because there really was not enough fabric for the two items - or not according to the pattern. In fact I should have needed about 3.2m and it took quite some time working out how and where to cut the different bits, and I have hardly anything left over, but I managed to get all the top from the navy fabric and the main bits of the trousers from it. 
 
I had to be very careful sewing up the pockets and hems in the lighter weight grey offcuts from my sweatshirt dress because the grey is far more stretchy but it ended up looking good so I am very happy to manage to make this from just 2.5m of navy sweatshirting and some offcuts.
 
I probably should start to put shoes on when I go outside now though. 
It is a bit cold now 😀
 
 
I had to be very careful sewing up the pockets and hems in the lighter weight grey  because the grey is far more stretchy but it ended up looking good so I am very happy to manage to make this and the sweatshirt from just 2.5m of navy sweatshirting and some grey off cuts.

These are kind of doubling as loungewear/ PJs which is just what I want for winter.

The camo top is a Madalynne Noelle and I have made lots of these and like this better than the Sierra. Though I find the Sierra is easier to hide under my work clothes!


These are part of my winter essentials lounge wear collection, I began with the glitter sweatshirt dress last week and now have these as well. I have also cut a few more pairs of these trousers and so far one other hoody. Watch this space for further info over the coming weeks. 

I am sewing them as fast as I can but even then its taking quite a bit longer than I originally planned. 

Never mind the collection is growing and hopefully all this mass cutting and sewing will free me some time up to make a few unusual new patterns up. 

I am very interested to know how other sewists deal with the mass sewing of warm clothing which is needed urgently but also find time to do other interesting stuff as well. Or am I just expecting too much? 

Feel free to comment because I do love comments.

Thanks for dropping by my blog and have a great weekend.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment