Saturday 25 December 2021

Lilac velvet tracksuit lounge wear

 I genuinely enjoyed taking the photos of these. Mick called this my Abba outfit!

I am intending to live i these on Christmas Day. Slightly glamerous, very comfy.

The trousers are another pair of my favourite free yoga pants pattern. They are made using the free pattern from here: http://ifonlytheywouldnap.net/2015/03/06/free-yoga-pants-pattern/ 

 

Like the previous Aubergine version these flared trousers are made using the TNT pattern and adding on to the side seams to get more flare.  To get these flared I added 4cm onto each side seam and then graded out from the knee line. I think for now its not too much flare while still being a very obvious flare.

The top is made using the burda sweatshirt pattern I used for my navy and grey glitter sweatshirts. I also made a fleece version of this. Its alovely pattern to construct because it all goes together so well. The pocket goes into the front seams. Just lovely anyway. 

I added a double width band to the bottom so its slightly longer ( almost a dress!) and good for wearing with leggings.

I know together these two items are pretty OTT but I do love wearing this, I really do. The cuffs and the bottom band are a slightly paler lilac than the rest because I ran out of the darker colour.


This is just so goood!


But as usual my learning curve has expanded. I found after sewing that my cuffs are dodgy. 

If the grain/ nap goes the wrong way - so feels silky on the inside and follows the grain of the rest not the opposite way round (like I did one of them) then it rucks up. It needs to be rough side in to not ruck up. You can see the wrinkly cuff above and how the two cuffs are different.

I never realised that when using velvet this could be an issue. I actually intended for them to both go the same way napwise so this was a mistake but I never knew its would matter if they did not.

Still its all learning!


 

Happy Christmas

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment