Thursday 23 December 2021

Navy Glitter sweatshirt

 I bought the fabric for this last February. Then the weather warmed up so it ended up in my stash. 

Pictures were taken when I was feeling goth hence the makeup 😁

 


Its exactly the same Burda pattern as my grey glitter top (and also the white fleece). I love my grey glitter so much but the grey glitter fabric is much much cheaper than this navy sweatshirting which is from a different seller. 
I cannot remember which one to be honest I bought it so long ago but I think from the look of the website its from here. It was about £40 for 2.5m though rather than my grey cost which my £40 for 3m. Of course that has now gone up in price as I mentioed a few weeks ago as well but the grey is still cheaper than this. So what to make because I do not have enough for both the Lekala trousers and the Burda Hoody I used for my grey set. I want a hoody most though so thats that and maybe I can use the offcuts to make the Geodesic top pattern by Blueprints for Sewing, that I have had for years but so far never got round to using.
But then I made the free joggers pattern up and its just so good and I realised if I use some of my glitter grey sweatshirt dress offcuts then I can make track pants to match the top! Yay!
More on that once I finish sewing them up! 
I had to cut very carefully to get this to work and it took quite some time working out how and where to cut the different bits and I have hardly anything left over but I managed to get all the top from the navy fabric and the main bits of the trousers from it.

For now I have completed the Hoody.
Trousers will follow next few days.
Thanks for visiting and if you have time to pop back tomorrow I hope to finish off my matching joggers.

Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment