Tuesday 26 April 2022

Black lace My Image top

I have had this pattern printed out for years - literally but just never got round to making it. And thats even considering I have known for 2-3 years I wanted to use this fabric out of my stash to make this. 

 

I seem always to have far more plans and ideas than time to make what I have plans and ideas for. 

 But its worked well and I like it though I do think next time I will go down a size. Its just a bit big on me. I am not used to My Image though and its only the second pattern I have tried from them so might be I need to check the sizing again.
This top has a very gothic feel to it,- partly down to the knitted lace fabric but not just that. I think maybe its the cape-like collar as well. I am not so sure how this might look in a completely different fabric.The original shown on the pattern is shown in quite a similar fabric to this.
Ignore my hair - not sure what was going on there!
Probably better worn with a different top under it too. Here its worn with a Noelle top (Madalynne Underwear pattern) and you can see the straps from the racer back!

I must admit not something that usually bothers me but does not quite work with the overall Goth look.

I think the next top, which I will make in a smaller size, will be better, but its ok to add to my wardrobe and fits well into this season's Faery theme. Though again - I have wavy hems. Got to sort that!

I wore this top for work yesterday with posh wide leg trousers, and felt good in it despite my wavy hems and I think its going to be a good spring layer. 

Thanks for popping by my blog and hope to see you back here soon. If you have any ideas regarding stopping hems going wavy when twin needle stitching please do help me out here.

Bracken

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I really like that one and I think the slight oversized look goes with a kind of 90s Goth Grunge style! I wouldn't worry about the straps, just pretend it's intentional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thats so encouraging! Its really good having someone point out the good things. I tend to just see the things thats wrong with what I make!

      Delete