Saturday 26 May 2018

#MMM day 25 a visit to London



We have not been to London for a few years so went on a day trip. We both wore Me-Made.
Besides being a great day off work it was excellent fun and we  even had a picnic in Regent Park which I am sure I have been to before many years ago with my parents but never remembered how lovely it is. I have to visit it again in fact. So for our lovely visit to London I wore my gold gypsy top with my black trousers and my turquoise water proof coat.
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/turquoise-faux-suede-waterproof.html
 It was torrential rain in Northampton when we got the train but it never rained all day in London. I was too hot with my coat on but when we went home I needed it again!

I was so happy when I made these trousers but now I just see what is wrong with them!
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/98-and-99-sports-top-and-flared.html

I still love the top:
http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/mmmay16-080516-day-8.html


I re-did the rolled edges a few weeks ago because I ripped the edge on next door's fence. Its chain link and runs between the side of the two houses and has loads of bits that catch your clothing and rip it. I have lost count of how many things I have ripped on it. Sadly I ripped the sleeve of this top within two days of making it but its all sorted now so I am much happier to wear it again.


These roses smelled lovely. There were loads of roses all over the gardens and they were mostly labelled with variety as well which was very interesting ( I love roses)



Mick wore the stripey hoody I made him:

We had coffee in a lovely little coffee shop on Portland Street. We found it after our picnic but I think we should go back sometime because they had the most beautiful cakes and I fancy trying out their salads.

I think it was called Peyton and Byrne?










We also saw these lovely ducks/geese. They are very beautiful and most unusual. 
Not indigenous I expect - not that I know!

They have a very unusual call. 
 No idea what type they are but lovely all the same.

Thanks for visiting
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment