Sunday 6 May 2018

#MMM18, Mayday weekend days 5 & 6

So its Mayday weekend so we get Monday off work. Yey!

     Saturday #MMM18

Saturday - went to B&Q for some plants to fill my Aldi Hanging basket.  I think it will look good once it grows-on a bit. There was dazzling sunlight this morning as well which is wonderful. We used to go to a Steam Fair in Rushden this weekend. It has always rained. This year we gave it a miss and look at the weather. Wonderful for Mayday and a brilliant change to usual at this time of year.


This is my new hanging basket with petunias on top and trailing verbena in side holes. It needs to settle in and grow a bit but I reckon it could be a winner. I am no expert with hanging baskets so am very happy with this creation. 

Mick who is my long suffering photographer had camera issues so we took these at several locations only to find later they all worked so maybe he needs a new camera or screen. Intersteing how the different surroundings change the colours of the clothing. I have never really been into photography - probably obvious ! - but am thinking may be time to do some kind of course.

so:
Top made forma  series of disasters uing a very easy pattern but I was just at the start of this journey into making so I found it very difficult. I managed to salvedge this which is a very nice top. I have got fatter tho so it does not look so good. I either need to make a new one or to lose some weight/ or tone up anyway. Maybe all three.

Leggngs made for the #gingham along.

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/64-and-65-gingham-along-items.html

Funny outfit I made for that but the top and leggings get worn loads. Separately that is. The jacket - well has been worn a couple of times. I need to make another in a different fabric and then decide.


Sunday #MMM18


Blue mesh top
This top started out as a dress but I added black soft fold over elastic at each side to gather since I found I never wore it as a dress. I do as a top. 

Circle shorts.

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/in-beginning.html
These shorts are the reason I have blog having put them on Burdastyle.com only to find them a couple of years later all over pinterest which seriously inspired me to have a go at blogging. They were drafted before cullottes really came back in. I am intending to make severalnew pairs this summer - assuming I manage to self-draft again! Always a risk since I did not actually make a pattern. I could wear these for work though - in the right fabric.

I was dazzled by the sun!

For England, on Mayday Weekend, that is amazing!

thanks for visiting, hope you are enjoying the sun somewhere
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment