Saturday 19 May 2018

#MMM18 Day 18 and 19 - Chiffon top with skulls and flowers





Friday I wore a new top I made from chiffon with my long suffering wide leg trousers ( again!).

It exactly the same pattern as this skull top:

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/new-fashion-top-from-costume-pattern.html

I made a bit of a cock-up with this top because it frays loads so I had the idea to sew up just with the overlocker. Well a few hours in on the first day I wore it and I realised it was fraying apart at the under arms.

Its not even tight so when they say you need to sew woven fabric with a normal machine this is why. I have got away with just overlocking on tighly woven cotton fabrics but not on chiffon apparently. I ended up repairing it using a normal sewing machine and its a total bodge really. I suspect I will end up having to totally remake at some point and luckily because of the style this is actually possible due to the style and fit so I can afford to lose a small bit of fabric along the seams. Obviously being lazy I am only going to do this when I must so for now its an imperfect top but no one would know so thats fine.

I love this fabric and bought it about a year ago. I only had 1 meter so decided to make something summery. I used the same costume pattern as for my other skulls top.

 Please ignore the background mess. I was about to start planting out plants in the garden
Saturday 19th May - to be perfectly honest I started the day in old clothes cleaning out my chicken house. I do not wear anything I care about when cleaning out chickens because I get absolutely filthy and the edges of chicken wire rip clothes.

So I only wore me made for half of Saturday. Still it kind of works with the pledge because I did not say all day everyday, just every day. Or so I am going to justify to myself.
 So here is my spider top


http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/productive-weekend-1-shirt-3-pairs-of.html

with my brown faux leather trousers.


http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/burda-easy-cropped-trousers.html




 And as it happens here is my partner wearing Me-Made as well.

http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/butterick-b5562-t-shirt-number-4.html


Thanks for visiting
Bracken


No comments:

Post a Comment