Monday 7 May 2018

#MMM18 day 6 - Upcycle Day: overdyed RTW dress with off shoulder burda top

Monday morning at the allotment I wore my upcyled crochet shrug with shorts made from a pair of linen Primark trousers which I overdyed dark dreen then chopped off and trimmed with the edge off a Primark T shirt that had got a bit worn. 


Its still sunny!

After several hours at the allotment I needed to relax so changed into an overdyed RTW sundress ( so sort of MMM by upcycling raher than actual making. It is still very different to hat it started as. In case you were wondering this sundress started off a rather horrible shade of pink ( bought for £1 during a winter holiday in Cornwall in an end of season sale.) I overdyed this in the washing machine so very easy using Dylon colour Bordeax.


With me made Burda style top. I added the straps later when it got annoying falling off my shoulders a little too much. I works great now. http://brackencrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/53-wide-neck-off-shoulder-over-top.html
This top was another cock-up that eventually works. Obviously a message to me not to chuck those disasters out but to keep and wait until I get inspired!

Thanks for visiting
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment