Saturday 1 May 2021

ME MADE MAY - #MMM21 - 1st May - 2 outfits!

 


Its the 1st May! That makes it the start of #MMM21

Its actually also my Nanna's Birthday. She is not longer here but I still remember - as you do.

And I bought strawberries!

I rarely buy them, but being May I thought why not when I went shopping yesterday. So I am starting off in style. For me anyway.

I never did #MMM20 last year. I kind of got a bit bored with doing Me Made May every year, but I missed it in 2020. Half way through May 2020 I just wished I had taken part, so this year I signed up. A couple of weeks ago infact, I went looking for SoZo to do just that. Sadly the site seems to have had lots of rubbish junk comments from idiots selling things no one wants, but you can still sign up despite them. I think best we all just carry on and ignore those idiots.

I got my partner to take the photos while hes busy building a camper van hence the background mess. Well this is all me made and actually is what I am wearing to the clean the house this morning, so not the best examples I have, but comfortable and OK for the time of year. 

 The top is now quite old but has been a good one. 

 

When I made it, back in 2017, it just had overlocked edges and I wore it like that till December 2020 when I did the proper hems because I decided it would be better for the job I now do. However I preferred it with the overlocking and no hems. That's interesting in itself really. I always intended to eventually get round to doing a proper hem. Its kind of more ordinary with them though and I just like it much less but its too much hassle to undo them now. I am better taking my time to make something new.

These trousers have become a favourite but started out as the Rebecca Page Cerena playsuit.

I altered them quite soon after making because I cannot get on with jumpsuits at all.  I should have known that going back to my teens! As seperates tho the Cerena is a nice outfit tho I should have done it with the pocket option. I did cut them out but forgot when sewing up and just missed them. I couldn't be bothered undoing the side seams but I should have done that. I still have them amongst the sewing stuff!

I am going to have a bath in a minute and change but will wear me made again, and I will try to remember to take the photos because some days you get so busy you just forget, though this year I suspect I am so excited to be taking part again that I will remember!

Later I had my bath and took my dogs out and I wore these clothes



Thats my green velvet and black leggings  - I really need to make a new version of these. The black scuba has gone very pilly, and my grey wool Hoody that I made a couple of weeks ago.

 

 and underneath I was wearing this colour blocked top so other than socks, shoes and undies its all MeMade!

Have a lovely May Day!

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment