Tuesday 10 May 2016

36: Raglan sleeved black and blue top


Well due to my need to find new clothing for each day in May and already finding myself repeating items I am wearing, I decided to make a new top. I know the rules are not to panic and start making stuff just for this challenge but I just had to! Anyway its towards my 100 garments after all and I obviously need more tops.

This is a very fast pattern to make and I have made it twice before here: 25: Comparing the free raglan sleeved T shirt patterns available on the internet

I got the pattern from here: http://www.itsalwaysautumn.com/2016/02/15/long-sleeve-raglan-sweatshirt-free-pattern.html

I really do like this pattern because it just goes together so easily. Everything works. the seams line up, the neckline is about right although I may attempt a slightly tighter neck at some point.  And even better IT IS FREE! At some point I really must say thank you to the lady who desgined it because this pattern is starting to seriously boost my wardrobe.

This version has a black narrow ribbed lycra synthetic fabric for the body and a black wide ribbed lycra fabric for the neck-band. The sleeves are in a lycra crepe fabric which was sold me as mint green but seems more pale blue to me. It is all serged together with twin needle hems.






Its kind of sportswear inspired to wear with my leggings as well as my jeans and being pale blue and black seems kind of spring-like or summer-ish. Though having said that it is quite cold today with drizzly rain.

Thanks for visiting my blog and come back soon,
Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment