Friday 20 May 2022

Blue dress in Negative 2

This is my other blue dress and as the title sugests its the opposite way round to the first one I wore a week or so ago ( see below). Not really much else to say about this cos I already explained it all wth my other post.

This is my other dress: 

 I have worn this twice now and its a lovely summery dress.  For unpredictable England weather anyway. It would be far to warm for Spain and other hotter countries. Its a lightweight cotton french terry with lycra. So its kind of a loopy towling on the reverse.

Its the free Peppermint patterns jersey dress I love which is I suppose now very much a TNT pattern since I have made I don't know how many of these dresses from it though with added hood on all so far. I do have a basic one in the pipeline though.
I am having much fun this May for #MMM22 because when my overlocker blades broke I spent all my spare time for about two and a half weeks just tracing and cutting stuff out. I am finding its very fast to sew all this up and now actually have a sizeable pile of new unworn clothing. Though I seem to have blunted the blades on one overlocker during all this sewig activity. It was mostly I think down to the Swirly Goth cardigan coat which was so difficult on the overlocker to sew due to the fabric thickness, and very hard on my then sharp new blades. But the last few days I have started to get things jamming up in them so I need new ones. I have never worn them out so quick before but also never sewn so much as this so I cannot decide if its me sewing or the blades being poor quality. Either way I have had to retire one of my overlockers - the best one - until I can get that sorted out. But as I said I have a pile of unworn new clothing that I have not yet had time to wear or photograph.
Back to this dress: it works well for warmer days in May here anyway.
The dog is Roger. Hes very faithfull and likes to be in on the action. He's a collie x GSD.

Have a great day and thanks for popping by my blog.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment