Thursday 12 May 2022

12th May - #MMM22

I am afraid just about every possible squinting expression here. But it is lovely and sunny today and a bit warmer with a predicted high of 15 Deg C. Its currently 8 Deg C but I am too hot with this many layers!

The coat is my softshell skull jacket - made last Spring and I loved it then. I still love the fabric but might have used a different pattern a year later. Mind you its still a warm, showerproof, windproof jacket and fits the weather. 

I did not need the jumper underneath though.

The jumper is a badly hand knitted cotton jumper. I think also made last year but I did what the pattern said and its too loose a knit. That does make it very soft unlike the other cotton jumper I knitted but its kind of baggy and out of shape. Its knitted on aran sized needles and I think I should have gone down at least one needle size and maybe twothough according to the yarn band its the right tension and right needles. I still like it but might eventually - when I have less of a wool stash - unpick and reknit this. Depends. I am not so keen on knitting cotton. I find it hard on the hands which other yarns are not. And its heavy on the wrists when knitting. But I do like wearing knitted cotton. The difference though is I felt I needed to force myself to carry on to get it finished, where with other yarns I am desperate to start the next project before I even finish the last bit. I actually often end up with two or three garments all needing the sewing up doing because I hate that as well, but I do my knitting whilst listening to Audible and it just happens so effortlessly. Mind you I do have to stop the books sometimes to work out the hard bits.

Black top is my least favourite of three I made at once. Its the wider ribbed fabric. The fabric is a bit stiff and although has lycra its not really comfortable.  It feels a bit restrictive. It would have worked better either in a bigger size or different style. It does always look good though even when I have to wear a suit for work so all is not lost with this basic top.


Then finally - well actually no I have a me made bra on but not showing that one! 

The trousers were made in winter and were far to cold feeling possibly because of the icy blue colour. Thats all I could come up with to as to why they feel cold anyway, being as they are similar fabric to others that did not feel cold. Anyway at last they work for me which makes them worth the effort. I suspect these will be a favourite this summer in fact. 

Thanks for dropping by.

Hope you see you tomorrow,

Bracken

1 comment:

  1. I really like the hoodie and the jumper still looks pretty, as you can pull off a loose style well!

    ReplyDelete