Monday 2 May 2022

#MMM22 May 1st 2022 - in the Garden

May 1st 2022


As well as finishing sewing my grey glitter sweatshirt I also did quite a bit of gardening yesterday. I wore some old clothes for this but all me made though a bit worn out these days. I suspect these with the exception of my green vest top will be recycled pretty soon so may be the last few wearings of these trousers and stripey top.


Here is my top which I love and yet seem not to have worn much but I really think I should make some more of these. Its scuba and so is quite a stiff fabric but still comfy. I made a skirt and halterneck from thsi fabric too and they are wonderful summer clothes (for the UK because they would be too hot in much of Europe and the warmer parts of the world.

The stripey top I actually made for work. Its not quite correct - as in I had not enough fabric - so the stripes on the sleeves go different directions. Most people never notice. Still despite this its a great top though I must admit to being a bit bored with it. Time I made a few boring work tops instead of what I have been interested in the past few months maybe. I need some new changes to wear for work. This certainly doesn't fit well into a Fae theme though perhaps my more mystical vest top could do?

Black track pants - well I have never much liked these. Its a Burda summer pattern and they are meant to be made in lighter weight woven fabric. Also I used the loopey side of the terry so they are the wrong way round really fabric wise. Thats not such a problem. It was an experiment that I will not repeat. They were great to take to Scotland last year and were warm when it was cold and rainy but they are past there best now. Still ok for the garden though.

Happy #MMM22 

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment