Friday 13 May 2022

#MMM22 - Its Friday13th May

  

Its Friday 13th! I usually seem to have strangely good luck on these occassional Friday 13th days. Probably should get round to buying a lottery ticket. I usually forget. 

 I am afraid not the best photos today since taken by a friend indoors but the best I managed to get.

I wore my "circuit board" patterned top again over my spotty Tshirt with some 2002 vintage Morgan jeans with side splits, which I have had from new and still love, and they are now of course back in fashion. 


The spotty top started life as a work top but every time I wore it it felt like a uniform for a bank or similar organisations so I chopped the sleeves and added stretch lace.

 

 The dog in the original photo of this top is Reggie and sadly is no longer with me. He was around 13 in that photo and was the most faithful dog I ever knew. He used to sleep next to me when I sewed. 

The lace used to update this top is actually recycled stretch lace too from another item I made that was turned into rags for painting a while ago so this is really an upcycled but totally me-made item.


I definitely much prefer the spotty top as it is now though and I have been wearing it lots recently. The other top was simply my second layer for a pretty wet day in England.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog,

Bracken


2 comments:

  1. I definitely think the chopped off sleeves and lace are an improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, yes not all my makes are lovely unfortunately, though I seem to make more things I actually like to wear these days. Its quite difficult to take a commercial pattern and make something that is really "you" but I am getting better at that in recent months. I need a clearout now to get rid of a lot of my earlier me mades I think.

    ReplyDelete