Wednesday 25 May 2022

25th May #MMM22

 

 Today I am working from home which I am very glad of, because I am so cold!

All day yesterday I was also so cold. If I cannot get warm today I am intending to light the wood burner. Considering it was hot - 25 DegC a few days ago!

Still the joys of England. But I suppose thats why its so green. I was really surprised when we visited Poland back in February/ March time, which was at that time the same temperature as here. We went on the train to Katowice to visits an ex colleague who is a friend of Mick's. He used to live near us in Coventry but moved back to Poland because of Brexit. Who can blame him for that! 

No, I am not at all a fan of Brexit being a European by upbringing despite I am british.

Anyway what shocked me was Poland was brown. Bulbs were flowering just like here - crocuses etc - but there is no grass. Just mud. So yes England, like songs say, is very green. 

But its also cold today. I suspect Poland is much warmer now. According to Alexa, at the moment in Krakow is 16 Deg C. Where I live its currently 9 DegC so not really that cold but sitting at a PC working, you get cold. 

So anyway I am wearing my grey glitter sweatshirt dress and my hand knitted green socks.  You can just see them poking out my slippers. Also me made knickers ( not shown) and me made bra which normally I might have shown but its just too cold so be assured I am wearing me made undies today!

 


Six days left of #MMM22 and by the looks of it next year a lot of what I have worn this May is no longer part of my me mades. I tell myself this is right though. If I had not made much of this, now old clothing - ie if I had bought it - it would have been sent off to be recycled years ago. Time to become less precious about my me mades now. 

Even if I took six months off sewing I would still own loads of me made clothing and would also probably produce knitwear of some kind. When I began this me made adventure I had given up knitting for about 30 years yet even that has made a come back. I actually have a new pair of socks to show you once I get them photographed. This time in proper sock yarn too! More later on them.

For now though I am slightly sorry #MMM22 is finishing because its different now. As in when I first took part in #MMM which was back in 2014, I had very little me mades and it really encouraged me to sew. Now I do not have enough days to wear it all. Thought to be fair I should have done a better job this year and worn more variety but some things such as swimwear and light weight summer dresses and shorts will not be worn now until summer regardless of it being #MMM. Its just too easy nowadays to take part. Yes time for a clearout!

Though I suspect even then I am still going to have quite a lot of me mades left for next #MMM.

Thanks for popping by and see you tomorrow.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment