Wednesday 11 May 2022

Its raining # MMM22

Taken straight after the morning dog walk. Today is 11 Deg C and raining. So warm wet weather clothing for an English Spring/ Summer.

I am wearing me-made slightly creased grey glitter hoody dress, hand knitted socks and waterproof coat. I am working from home today so the creasing will not matter!

 I need to make a new version of this coat. It works, but when I made it I was literally off to Scotland in a few hours and used velcro tape alone as fastening all up the front as well as over tops of pockets. It works well but its a pain. I have extra bits of velcro I need to keep in one pocket to cover the "hooks" side when not done up else it grabs hold of everything I wear and damages some things - as velcro does. I want to make a better finished version ( insides of pockets are fraying where I never finished them off properly.)

BUT it is waterproof and does work even if a bit amateurish.

Thanks for visiting my blog

Bracken

2 comments:

  1. Great work on the raincoat! It has been raining here for months! Very sick of it! We have had a really bad run of "La Nina" storm system! I don't know if you have that at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have something similar. We had El Nino a while ago which caused floods and winds etc and lots of rain. Thats not whats happening now though. Its the normal "April Showers" which really means its going to rain on and off. Usually its mostly but not entirely in April but this year we had a dry April and I suspect thats why May is rainy. The UK though generally has regular rainy days all year round. Its winter now for you though. Does it rain often in winter for you? I have visions of lovely sunny weather but I suppose you must also have rain.

      Delete