Wednesday 4 May 2022

Circuit board leggings

This is the same fabric I used for my dress and reminds me of circuit boards so its sort of a small bit Steampunk - in my head anyway.  Its made from the left over bits from both my dress and top. I have been wearing these items a lot in the past couple of months so really wanted to make something else. The fabric was really cheap but is a good quality lycra stretch which would I think even make good swimwear. Just I am not currently going anywhere to wear swimwear and if I do go on holiday in the UK I will probably go in the sea in a wetsuit since its going to be very cold even in the middle of summer. In fact the best time to go swimming here is end of September/ October when the sea has finally warmed up to bearable - when wearing a wetsuit!

So back to these leggings:

These leggings are made using my now ancient TNT pattern so nothing particularly stressful about this make which I suppose explains how I managed two items in the couple of days taken to sew them. I am must faster than I was a few years ago and with TNT patterns its just so easy. I have no idea how many times this pattern has been used before - seriously loads. 

I know what I need to do to get them to fit etc. I used to take a week to make a pair of leggings from this pattern so if you do  .....that carry on. It gets easier. I tend to make leggings alongside something else much harder these days - in this case the black swirly coat I made a few days ago.



There is not really much more to say about these. They are just leggings!

They are being worn here with my navy glittery hoody which I would love to make another of but the fabric is just too expensive. I must have been feeling rich the day I bought that!

Have a great day and see you tomorrow with more #MMM22 makes.

Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment